Sunday 2 June 2013

Nutella Crepes With Ice cream

I love eating crepes. And making them is something that never crossed my mind as i always thought that making crepes was a very difficult task. But I was in for a pleasant surprise when I tried my hand making this french dessert.
I have a book on Eggless Desserts by Tarla Dalal , and while I was just flipping through it's pages I saw this recipe with very basic ingredients. As I had all the ingredients at hand I decided to give it a shot, and the result was awesome. I had beautiful crepes sitting on my plate with Nutella slathered on them accompanied by  yummy vanilla ice cream. That sight was heavenly!!!! The best part about  this recipe is that you can make the crepes beforehand and keep in the fridge for later use (don't forget to wrap them in plastic wrap though).


 INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp butter
A pinch of salt

HOW TO MAKE
  1. Mix all the ingredients except butter with 1/2 cup water. Mix very well so that no lumps remain.
  2. Grease a nonstick pan with butter.
  3. Pour 2 Tbsp of the batter , tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly. 
  4. When the sides start to peel off , turn the crepe around and cook the other side for 30 sec.
  5. Repeat for the remaining batter. 
  6. Coat the inner side with generous amount of Nutella. Fold the crepes and serve with ice cream.

Note: You can fill the crepes with any fillings of your choice  such as caramelised apples, bananas or even mangoes. You can serve these as savoury crepes too.
HAPPY COOKING !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK